Sunday, May 6, 2012

Studying My Way...Kind Of

Since I was no longer studying at the institution I started at, I decided to take a correspondence course.  Its something I always thought about since that first digital photography class I took as an elective when I started college.  I never was able to do it but, as of November 2011, I decided that 2012 was going to be my year one way or another.  2012 started and I kept going with that same thought.  It finally led me to take the first step and sign up for the course.  Do I like it?  Well, it seems interesting so far.  Unfortunately, like every other class or course, it starts off with the basics.  Something I think I have mentioned before I don't do well with.  I can probably skip it, but then I'd feel like I'm cheating and I just can't do that.  I feel like I'd be cheating myself and if it's going to be MY year then why would I do that to me?  LOL  Anyways, no photo-taking so far, but I am actually doing this.  It was on my 2012 Bucket List, so I'm glad I checked off that I started it.  Hopefully soon, I'll be shooting something.

Besides the course, I have a couple of photography books I havent' read, and I've decided to "study" those also.  I mean, I'm all into this.  There's notebooks, note-taking, quizzes, freaking homework.  LOL  I've made a list of which order I'll study the books in (yes, I made my own little curriculum), when I should be taking quizzes, and when assignments should be done.  Hopefully, soon (the books ALSO have a basics part) I'll share more pics with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment