Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Been A Long Time...

"So, I guess the photography obsession is over?"  Not for a minute.  I just had a "few" obstacles.  As for school, I had to stop going.  It got to a point where there was a mix-up that I didn't know about until it was too late to do anything about it.  It caused me to have to pay for school and I just couldn't afford it, so I had to drop out.  =o(

It was going pretty good towards the end there.  I did that shoot I reserved the studio for, which was pretty cool.  My model was willing to just model whatever and however, so that was great.  One of my classmates helped me with my lighting.  The only thing was that, well, the time is very short, and my "crew" were a little late plus it took longer than what I thought to set up the lighting.  Nonetheless, it was fun and it was an experience I enjoyed.

The semester after that, I had a couple of classes.  One was PhotoShop which, just like the computer class the semester before, I didn't like at all.  It was all the basics and whatnot.  Things I already knew.  I asked if there was some exam they could give me so that they'd know I didn't need the class and was ready for the next one, but no.  I guess, the doubt I had about the school grew a little more then.  The photography class I liked.  We shot a few assignments, but at the same time I felt like I wanted something more.  The assignments were cool, though.  It was the same professor I had in my Intro class the previous semester, so I liked that I sort of knew her already.  I felt it easier to talk to her and question.  I guess what got to me was that I felt some classmates took the assignments as an assignment to hand in, whereas I felt like the assignments HAD to be...I can't explain it.  I felt that if I thought what I did was boring, I wasn't going to hand it in.  I refused to hand in an assignment just for the sake of getting it done. I guess that's my problem.  I make things harder for myself than they have to be.

Thinking about it now...I never thought the school actually challenged me, so maybe that whole "obstacle" of having to drop out because I couldn't afford it was more of a good thing.  Yeah.  I rather look at it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment